Two parts of to adopt a child from another country and they are application for sponsorship and application for permanent residence for the child
Eligibility for Adopted Child Sponsorship:
To be eligible for this program the following conditions have to be met:
How to Apply Sponsorship Application of Adopted Child:
To apply for sponsorship of a dependent or adopted child the following steps have to be taken:
- Fill out the application.
- Gather all requisite documents. The documents that you will need are as follow:
- Proof of dependency or adoption.
- Police certificates and criminal records.
- Medical certificates for both sponsor and child being sponsored.
- Income statements proving the sponsor can financially support the child being sponsored.
- Fingerprints and photos of sponsor and child being sponsored.
- Birth certificates of children below 18 years of age.
- In case the aforementioned documents are not in English or French translation documents would be required.
- Certification of true copies of the aforementioned documents.
- Get the application signed and dated.
- Pay application processing fees.
- Submit your application.
In case there is any change in addresses, phone numbers, or any other contact details the visa office should be informed ASAP.