Longer stay

Visit and stay in Canada for more than 6 months to 2 years

To be eligible for a super visa, you must:

  • Be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada
  • Have a signed letter from your child or grandchild who invites you to Canada that includes:
    • A promise of financial support for the length of your visit
    • The list and number of people in the household of this person
    • A copy of this person’s Canadian citizenship or permanent resident document
  • Have medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company that is:
    • Valid for at least 1 year from the date of entry
    • At least $100,000 coverage
    • Have proof that the medical insurance has been paid (quotes aren’t accepted)

You must also:

You can’t include dependents in this application.

Call us to check if you are eligible to apply for Visitor visa from INSIDE of Canada or Extend visitor visa